Sunday, July 14, 2013

Photo Dog Blog

After I didn't know what to feel, I was thinking about old stuff, and I remembered that I told you about how I moved to Santa Monica. Then Dad found our pictures, and I wanted to share them in my blog.

It was a long ride and we kept trying lots of places to see if they were Santa Monica.  Here's what we looked like on the ride part. That's my Mom on the right and my Dad on the left. I'm riding in the back, because that's how I roll.

This is where we stayed the first night (in a house with a lot of tiny rooms near a place that we called Dayton, OH). I was so happy to be on the ground again.

But then we were on the road again. Goodbye Ohio. Hello someplace we called Indiana.

At first I thought everyone in Indiana lived in big red houses and had these HUGE yards. And I wished Santa Monica was in Indiana.

This is what I look like when I'm trying not to get car-sick. I did a really good job at not getting car sick, so I looked kind of like this the whole time.

Eventually I learned that people in Indiana also lived in big buildings with tiny rooms. I wasn't as impressed as before.

So then we headed towards a place called St. Louis. Mom was tired of driving, so my Dad, who was my photographer, had to drive and he didn't get any pictures of St. Louis... so he sucks a little bit.

This where we entered the place called Illinois. It looks just like Indiana (the part without the big buildings and tiny rooms).

This is where we tried a place we called Missouri. It had been SOOOO long since I'd seen another real dog...

Another day, another big building with tiny rooms. This time in Springfield, MO.

This is me... Still not getting car sick!

The place called Oklahoma wasn't so bad. It just wasn't as nice as Maryland, West Virginia, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Missouri, or anywhere else we saw on the whole trip.
Except for the parts of Texas we saw... Oklahoma was just as nice as Texas.

This is the big river that leads to Albuquerque. I've made pee puddles that are wetter than this... Hey, I'm just sayin'

This is Dad screwing up my Albuquerque Hotel photo

Seriously Dad?! A friggin' pole coming out of my head?!

Texas really did suck. I don't know what "degrees" are but Dad said there were hundreds of them. We did not take any photos in Texas.

I would like to just pause here for a minute to say that we all got along amazingly well for spending five days in one car together.

Scratch that.

Arizona had real trees for a minute. Sorry you can't smell this picture. Flagstaff, AZ had best smells EVER!!! I love Flagstaff, AZ more than any other place on this planet.

That's California past the white bridge. It turns out that between the eastern border of California and the coast itself, California is really ugly.

This is my street in Santa Monica now. It actually looks nice... Nicer than Texas, and Oklahoma, and most of Arizona, New Mexico, Missouri, Illinois, Indiana, Ohio, Pennsylvania, West Virginia, and Maryland. Flagstaff, AZ is still my most favorite ever.

Okay... Santa Monica is almost as good as Flagstaff, AZ.

No comments:

Post a Comment