Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Old doggies

Old doggies are A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!!!

When you meet an old doggie, they look at you like they know you... Like they know all about you even though they've never sniffed you before. They know the most about what you like, what you want to do, and what you're going to do next - even before you've thought of it! That's why they growl and nip at puppies. They already know that a puppy doesn't know not to chase them. So even before the puppy sees them - maybe ever before they see the puppy - they know they need to teach the puppy about them right away.

And because old doggies know you before they even see you, they can tell you all about yourself without even saying or doing anything! I first learned I wasn't a puppy anymore when I meet an old doggie and she just looks past me and slowly walked away. She knew I already knew not to chase her, even though I wanted to play with her the MOST! And later I learned I was an all-the-way grown-up doggie, when I met another old doggie on my walk and he came up and sniffed me, even though he didn't have to! I was so excited and honored that I peed the MOST for him all over the sidewalk!!

And an old doggie doesn't just know about you, they know the MOST about everything! That's why they move so slow - because they already knew what is going to happen next, so they already got to where they needed to be before it happened. Most of the time they don't even have to move at all. They just stand where they can see everything happening just the way that they knew it would. And the best is when two old doggies get together, because they don't sniff each other or say anything. They just look at each other like they just talked about everything that there is already!

And that's also why you can't surprise an old doggie... because she already knew you were going to do whatever it is you were going to do even before you did. But if you try it anyway, and she didn't want you to, she might just surprise you like you were a puppy.

No comments:

Post a Comment